Emergency Department Medical Technician
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 10, 2023
Department:31006500 Emergency Department
Shift:Permanent Evenings (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:32
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Within the scope of medical certification, independently provides patient care. This includes, but not limited to applying splints, durable medical equipment fitting and education, assisting with phlebotomy and EKG. Provides care patients under the direction of the RN which may include wound prep, closure and dressings and other procedures. May also work as a Health Unit Coordinator.
Key Position Details:
Shift Time 11a-730p
- Within scope of position independently performs patient care.
- This may include, but not limited to applying splints, durable medical equipment fitting and education, assisting with phlebotomy and EKG.
- Under the direction of the RN provides patient care to include, but not limited to wound prep, closure and dressings, splinting, epistaxis and other procedures.
- Assists in the rooming and transporting of patients.
- Works as a Health Unit Coordinator.
- Answers and screens phone calls.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- 1+ experience in acute health care setting preferred
- 1+ experience in basic arrhythmia and EKG interpretation preferred
- EMT, MDH, or NREMT certification upon hire or
- EMT, MDH, or NREMT within 6 months of hire if currently enrolled in an EMT education program or
- Certified Nursing Assistant Licensure is required
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required American Heart Association or Allina
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently