Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 07, 2023
Department:46005350 Sleep Diagnostic Center
Shift:Permanent Nights (United States of America)
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Hours Per Week:24
Union Contract:SEIU-8-St Francis Technical
Job Summary:Conducts the comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders in patients. Responsible for assessments, diagnosis, treatments and education of patients with suspected sleep disorders under the direction of a physician.
Key Position Details:
Permanent Overnights - 12-hour shifts / .6 FTE / May include some weekends
Shift differentials available
PT Benefit eligible
- Polysomnographic testing, scoring and follow up
- Applies electrodes, monitors accordingly, ensures artifact free recordings and documents values for any clinical event during testing.
- Implements and titrates appropriate therapy per lab protocol.
- Scores Polysomnograms, downloads/stores data and generates reports prior to follow up appointment.
- Patient education and record management
- Educate patient on sleep disorders, testing procedures and operation of sleep disorder devices.
- Verify medical order/protocol, complete all technical paperwork.
- Complete appropriate paperwork and billing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vocational or Technical Training in a polysomnography program with a state licensed and/or nationally accredited educational facility or, equivalent experience with documented proficiency in all required competencies of a Polysomnographic Technologist or, meets Board Registered Polysomnographic (BRPT) standards for a sleep technologist preferred
- Strong knowledge of Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) devices preferred and
- Able to assess patients, apply critical thinking and determine appropriate interventions preferred
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required Upon Hire
- Board Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (BPRT) Board Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (BPRT) or, credentialed with Sleep Disorders Specialty from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Upon Hire required and
- Current license in allied health profession if applicable preferred
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently