Mental Health Program Assistant
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 06, 2023
Department:43004262 Substance Abuse Residential
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Plan and facilitate therapeutic interventions through structured activities and education. Provides direct and indirect patient care services under direction of program manager. Utilizes patient/family needs to provide input into the care and discharge planning process.
Key Position Details:
- 8-hour shifts Monday - Friday
- Start times vary
- End Times vary
- Position will work in partial hospitalization and day treatment program
- Assess level of risk.
- Assess level of functioning.
- Assess programming needs for patient/families.
- Documents assessments.
- Plan and conduct educational/therapeutic activities.
- Assigns patients to specific group according to team treatment plan.
- Conducts groups as scheduled.
- Conducts one on one education/activities as determined by the assessment and treatment plan.
- Proactively works with all disciplines to achieve treatment plan.
- Advocate for patients rights.
- Represents patient/family needs when patient/family is unable to do so .
- Supports patient rights through awareness and provision of legal rights.
- Follows safety/security procedures for emergency and non-emergency situation to protect patient, self and environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational therapy, therapeutic recreation, music therapy, dance therapy or social/psychological area required
- Prior Mental Health experience preferred
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required Certified by American Heart Association or Allina BLS required by end of orientation
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently