Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 08, 2023
Department:16000860 System CM Hospital Care Management
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Provides patients and families with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses. Services include advising family care givers, providing patient education and counseling, and making referrals for other services. May also provide care and case management or interventions designed to promote health, prevent disease, and address barriers to access to healthcare.
Key Position Details:
Supports Emergency Department and Med Surg
Every 6th weekend rotation
Experience preferred, new grads accepted.
**Temporary position until April (with possibility to extend) to fill in while employees are on Maternity Leave.
- Delivers professional and thorough social work services, including psychosocial assessment and intervention planning.
- Identifies patients who require social work assessment and intervention through high risk screening, interdisciplinary team meetings and individual referrals.
- Conducts assessments that address bio-psycho-social issues for age, population and health specific needs which results in individualized plans of care.
- Provides support and counseling to patients and families.
- Provides information and assistance for identified financial or social needs.
- Coordinates complex transition plans with patients, families, health care team and community providers.
- Utilizes the electronic medical record to monitor, document and communicate patient progress toward goals and progression of the social work plan.
- Collaborates and communicates with interdisciplinary team anticipating needs to move the plan of care forward.
- Provides support and information to patient and families regarding transition plan.
- Maintains knowledge of government and private payer networks and services to assure appropriate transitions.
- Collaborates with community and health care resources based on need to coordinate care for the patient.
- Advocates for patients and families by supporting patient rights and accessing protective services.
- Demonstrates awareness of patient rights and ethical decision making; provides advocacy to support patient and family.
- Assures appropriate reporting of vulnerability or suspected abuse as mandated by law.
- May participate in care system process that prevent readmissions.
- Plans and participates in transition conferences with patients and families.
- Utilizes tools and technology to identify and intervene with patients who are at risk for readmission.
- Ensures that a complete clinical handoff occurs for at risk patient, which may include referrals.
- May collaborate with the health care team to promote appropriate length of stay.
- Utilizes tools and technology to support appropriate length of stay management.
- Facilitates timely referrals and transfers of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work required or
- Master's degree in Social Work preferred
WI licensure degree requirements will be accepted in accordance with MN Board of social work requirements for licensure by endorsement
- 0 to 2 years of experience in a acute care setting preferred
- 2 to 5 years social work experience preferred
- Licensed Social Worker - MN Board of Social Work required or
- Licensed Social Worker - WI Dept of Safety & Professional Services required
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment for positions in Hospice and Home Health
- Care Management Certification for positions in Care Management within 2 years of hire required. Any current employee will need to complete certifications requirements by 12-31-2024 or at the earliest date when certification work experience requirements have been met.
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently