Clinical Instructor - EMT
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:October 31, 2023
Department:84006770 External Education
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:Variable shift length
Hours Per Week:0
Job Summary:Teach prehospital medical education to First Responder agencies in the community, and to community groups.
Our EMS EMT Clinical Instructor is dedicated to molding highly skilled and confident EMTs who can excel in the field of emergency medical services. Their dedication to providing comprehensive and rigorous training helps to ensure that EMTs are well-prepared to handle a wide range of emergency situations with confidence and expertise. By focusing on the development of competent and capable professionals, these instructors play a vital role in upholding the standards of excellence within the field of emergency medical services and ultimately contribute to the well-being and safety of communities.
Key Position Details:
This is a casual role with most classes take place in the evenings - Monday - Thursday. There may be some courses that take place in the day or on the weekends.
Each quarter there are some work requirements based off of agency affiliation or a quarterly minimum which are specific to each instructor.
This position does offer flexibility in a home base. This can be dependent on where a candidate lives.
- Provide emergency medical education.
- Develop class curriculum based on Department of Transportation, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, and Medical Director standards.
- Administer curriculum in a classroom and scenario based setting, indoors and outdoors.
- Prepare materials for use in class setting.
- Provide feedback to students regarding exams and skills.
- Manage class logistics.
- Complete course documentation.
- Clean and maintain class equipment.
- Arrange for additional instructors when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- Vocational or Technical Training as an Emergency Medical Technician for EMTs program required
- 2 years working as an Emergency Medical Technician providing patient care required
- Emergency Medical Tech - MN Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board required upon hire
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment
- Department of Transportation Instructor certification within 1 Year required
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource American Heart Association or Allina required
- American Heart Association BLS instructor within 6 months of hire required
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently