Boiler Maintenance Engineer - Nights
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:October 31, 2023
Department:38028030 Unity Building Maintenance
Shift:Permanent Nights (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Union Contract:L70-1-Unity Engineers
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:To maintain a safe and effective environment through maintenance, repair and operation of all mechanical, pneumatic and ventilating equipment. Prevent unscheduled downtime of equipment.
Key Position Details:
- Provides maintenance and repairs to building structures, building systems, and equipment contained therein.
- Service, repair, and maintain refrigeration and HVAC system.
- Service, repair and install piping, fixtures, fittings and associated hardware for compressed gasses, vacuum, steam, potable and non-potable plumbing systems.
- Do electrical replacements, repairs and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Report hazards and/or potential work hazards in our facilities in order to prevent injury to self, peers, patients, and visitors.
- Maintain record of all inspections, testing and repairs to comply with regulatory and insurance agency requirements.
- May perform emergency repairs on critical life safety and none-life safety equipment which could include patient beds, surgical gurneys, utilities disruption, nurse call, TVs and electronics.
- May perform daily rounds in designated areas to assure facility is in good, safe working condition.
- May need to order materials, supplies and parts.
- Operate heating plant boilers when properly licensed.
- Takes charge of the heating plant and makes adjustments to building systems.
- Preventative and Corrective Maintenance.
- May perform interior preventative maintenance which could include panting, electrical, plumbing, light carpentry and HVAC related needs.
- May perform exterior preventative maintenance which could include roof checks, grounds checks and snow removal.
- Preventative Maintenance helps prevent possible downtime
- May include inspecting, cleaning and changing air filters, including electronic filters.
- May provide waste handling and disposal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- Vocational or Technical Training in Engineering preferred
- 2 to 5 years of maintenance Experience (Hospital setting preferred) required
- 2 to 5 years of experience in refrigeration cycle, electrical knowledge, welding, HVAC, pneumatic control experience and fire system preferred
- Minnesota locations, Special Class Engineer Boiler License is required at time of hire; if working at Abbott, must be able to obtain within 90 days of hire
- United, Mercy, or Unity campus, 2nd Class B License must be obtained within 15 months of employment
Lifting weight Up to 100 lbs. occasionally, Up to 50 lbs. frequently