Patient Access Representative - Southbridge Urgent Care
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:October 30, 2023
Department:46086600 Southbridge Urgent Care
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:Variable shift length
Hours Per Week:20
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Responsible for greeting and welcoming patients in person. Provides a standard registration process by collecting demographic and financial data and enters information into electronic medical record.
Key Position Details:
- Greets and welcomes patient in person.
- Collects demographic and insurance information.
- Checks in or interviews patient to complete appropriate paperwork.
- Directs patient to their appointment or procedure.
- Documents any issues and resolutions in electronic medical record.
- May assist in scheduling add-on appointments.
- Verifies eligibility and benefits information for payers and interprets results.
- Obtains cost information and explains information to patient if necessary.
- Obtains signatures from patients as needed.
- Collects co-pay or deductibles. Determines patient need for financial counseling and offers to explain resources available.
- May order supplies in designated work area.
- Uses resources, tools and procedures to complete accounts in assigned work queues.
- Assists patient in completion of request for information forms and submits to appropriate department.
- May gather medical record information from all departments for collection and distribution.
- May mentor new staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- 2 to 5 years of revenue cycle experience required and
- 2 to 5 years of customer service experience required and
- 0 to 2 years of general office experience required and
- 0 to 2 years of experience using computers including an electronic medical record, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently