Rheumatologist- New Ulm
New Ulm, MN, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:October 09, 2023
Department:65003500 Internal Medicine
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
Evaluate, diagnose, provide consultation, medically manage and treat rheumatology patients including systemic diseases with rheumatic manifestations.
Key Position Details:
Job Description:Principle Responsibilities
- Direct Patient Care.
- Evaluates, diagnoses, provides consultation, medically manages and treats rheumatology patients including systemic diseases with rheumatic manifestations.
- Provides medical management of uncomplicated general medical conditions which are encountered in the course of caring for the rheumatology patient.
- Provides consultative interpretation of laboratory and radiologic tests related to joints, bones, and
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or work flows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine required and
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program in Internal Medicine required and
- Completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited Fellowship training program in Rheumatology required
- 0 to 2 years of demonstrated experience in designated specialty area required
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required with current certification or active participation in the examination process leading to certification in Rheumatology by the American Board of Internal Medicine or in Rheumatology by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine upon hire and
- ACLS-BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required within 180 Days and
- PALS - Pediatric Advance Life Support - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire and
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire and
- Licensed Physician - WI upon hire required and
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required and
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required and
- National Provider Identifier upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently