Surgical Support Aide
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:September 29, 2023
Department:31005610 Surgical Services
Shift:Permanent Nights (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:20
Union Contract:SEIU-4-Abbott Northwestern Service Workers
Job Summary:In the operating room, provides basic indirect patient care as delegated, providing clean, well stocked surgical suite, with case carts and appropriate equipment for the room. Supports the operating room staff in lifting, positioning, transporting patients. Returns used equipment and supplies to appropriate area for reprocessing.
Key Position Details:
- Weekend, holiday, and call requirements per department need.
- Day, evening, night shift requirements per department need.
- Benefit Eligible Position
- Supports care of the procedural patient
- Gathers appropriate supplies and equipment for individual cases.
- Completes case carts and delivers to procedure area.
- Delivers blood products, lab specimens and medications as assigned.
- Assists in lifting, positioning and transferring of patient under RN supervision.
- Facilitates operating room turnover
- Cleans/decontaminates procedure room, furniture and equipment after the case.
- Replaces/restocks used items.
- Transports case cart, instruments, linen and trash to appropriate areas for reprocessing or disposal.
- Adheres to Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Handles sterile supplies according established standards
- Checks integrity of sterile packs and packaging before shelving or distribution.
- Cleans cabinets, equipment and storage shelving in designated area per schedule.
- Participates in maintaining safe environment
- Protects patient, self and others from injury during transfers, lifts and transports, by using proper equipment and body mechanics.
- Follows safety/security procedures for emergency and non-emergency situations
- 0 to 2 years Nursing Assistant, Central Processing /Case Cart or other patient care experience required
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Allina Health required within 90 Days
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently