Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:September 28, 2023
Department:31005036 AHMHI Echo Lab MPLS
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:32
Job Summary:Job Profile Summary
Provides high quality cardiac ultrasound exams for cardiologist interpretation, resulting in accurate diagnosis and/or shorter length of stay without repeat scans.
Key Position Details:
8 Hour Option: Weekday's 7:30am-4pm with Weekend Rotation(7:30am-4pm)
10 Hour Option: Weekday's 7:30am-6pm with Weekend Rotation(7:30am-6pm)
- On call required after 1 year
- Opportunities to start call sooner with experience
- Competitive on-call compensation
- Flexible FTE options available
- 8 or 10 hour shifts
- 75 minute echo slots to ensure high quality studies
- All on call echoes screened by cardiology
- Physician support, collaboration, education, and CME’s
- Cutting edge structural valve program- including TAVR and mitral valve clips
- Advanced heart failure center including transplant, ECMO, LVAD
- Adult congenital center
- Educational and student teaching opportunities
- Performs routine and special cardiac procedures in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
- Identifies patient and does set up for exam.
- Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Completes procedures with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains work knowledge and competence.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all imaging has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Communicates with RN regarding patient status
- Works together during specific procedures to ensure appropriate patient care.
- Notifies RN of immediate patient needs or concerns.
- Performs additional duties to complete process
- Finalizes scan reports and sends to appropriate area for reading.
- Participates in room turnover, including cleaning of equipment.
- Restocks and prepares room for next patient.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree from a diagnostic sonography program required, echocardiography preferred
- 0 to 2 years Cardiac Sonography experience required
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer registry eligible upon hire required
- Board certified within 6 months of hire;
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently