Mental Health Consultant / LICSW
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:August 31, 2023
Department:62884305 Mental Health Consultants
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Provides collaboration and consultation by acting as the Licensed mental health expert embedded within the primary care and women’s health clinics. Performs mental health diagnostic assessment and provides individual, family and group therapy with the established program(s) and services. Provides immediate/same-day and short-term ongoing access to ambulatory mental health therapy through partnership with the primary care and women’s health team. Responsible for mental health assessment, diagnostics, triage and short term ongoing clinical therapy along with connecting and referring patients to appropriate mental health services as needed.
Key Position Details:
This position is eligible for a $6,000 retention bonus.
Group therapy is not part of the clinical service offered for this position currently.
- Provides solution-focused therapy to patients independently and/or in conjunction with mental health provider.
- Provides crisis consultation and de-escalation to patients in person and/or virtually
- Collaborates with Primary Care/Women’s Health teams and community supports
- Supports patients and primary care team/mental health providers in achieving patient care goals.
- Reinforces provider communication about plan of care.
- Identifies barriers to meeting patient goals and communicate to care team.
- Coordinates care for patients across the primary care, specialties, and mental health service lines
- Assesses conditions related to crisis and life events.
- Triage patients with known mental health issues and provide same-day and short-term ongoing access to mental health therapy
- Screens for basic health needs and align services to assist.
- Consults, refers and coordinates interventions in cases of suspected or actual situations of child or adult abuse and neglect or forms of domestic violence or sexual abuse.
- Identifies needs for community or public agency services
- Master's degree in Social Work or related field required
- 2 to 5 years in licensed practice preferred
- Licensed Ind Clinical Social Worker - MN Board of Social Work required
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource preferred within 60 Days
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently