Number of Job Openings Available:3
Date Posted:September 06, 2023
Department:30009032 Allina Health Hospitalist Mercy
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Weekend Rotation:Alternative Weekend Plan
Job Summary:Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families. Provides general medical care for hospitalized patients, and performs procedures in the inpatient setting. Serves as the patient's primary physician during hospitalization.
Key Position Details:
- This position may be required to pick up shifts at our regional hospital sites, Cambridge Medical Center and Buffalo Hospital; but will mainly be based out of Mercy Hospital (both campuses).
- Provides direct patient care in a hospital setting.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
Mercy has 68 Hospitalists plus 6 APPs and there are 250+ hospitalists in the system
Mercy ICU open - Intensivists 24 hrs
14-16 encounters weekday
Full time at Mercy Hospital including Unity campus
MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required.
BE/BC with ABMS or AOA in Internal Medicine required.
Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
ACLS/BLS - required within 180 days of hire
Mercy Hospital is the premier hospital in the northern metropolitan communities of the Twin Cities. It is located on two campuses: one in Coon Rapids, and one in Fridley. Together, these facilities offer nationally recognized clinical excellence and compassionate health care services, including cancer care, heart and vascular services, emergency and trauma care, surgical services and da Vinci® System, The Mother Baby Center at Mercy with Children’s Minnesota, Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, the Joint Replacement Center and women’s and children’s services. With 3,500+ employees, 830+ affiliated physicians and 420 staffed beds, Mercy Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 270,000 patients each year. Mercy was also recognized for exceptional care in Healthgrades' 50 top hospitals for 2023 (beckershospitalreview.com).
Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health’s commitment to Whole Person Care – mind, body, spirit and connection to community – defines our approach and how we shape our offerings. Our Primary Care providers partner with our Mental Health service line and the Penny George Institute for Health
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently