Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:September 07, 2023
Department:62835615 Surgery North
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:This position offers a mix of OR and clinic work.
Key Position Details:
About Allina Health: Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin, Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas. A place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
About Cambridge, MN: Cambridge is a city in Isanti County, Minnesota. Cambridge has approximately 8,800 residents and encompasses special features that set it apart from other communities. The Rum River, a thriving downtown, many city parks, and a Performing Arts Center are just a few highlights.
Allina-employed surgeons may have an opportunity to purchase an ownership interest in Allina Health Surgery Center Partners, LLC, providing these surgeon investors with an indirect ownership interest in, and the right to receive financial returns from, Allina Health ambulatory surgery centers.
- Direct Patient Care.
- Provides direct care for clinical patients needing gastroenterology services.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalency from an approved school of medicine required and
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program in Internal Medicine or Pediatrics required and
- Completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited Fellowship training program in Gastroenterology or Pediatric Gastroenterology required
- 0 to 2 years of demonstrated experience in the designated specialty required
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required upon hire and
- ACLS-BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required within 180 Days and
- Licensed Physician - MN upon hire required and
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Gastroenterology by the American Board of Internal Medicine, or in Gastroenterology by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine, or in Pediatric Gastroenterology by the American Board of Pediatrics upon hire required and
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required and
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required and
- Physical Demands
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently