Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:September 14, 2023
Department:16000860 System CM Hospital Care Management
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:32
Job Summary:Provides patients and families with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses. Services include advising family care givers, providing patient education and counseling, and making referrals for other services. May also provide care and case management or interventions designed to promote health, prevent disease, and address barriers to access to healthcare.
Key Position Details:
Day time hours, fairly flexible 7-3:30.
Float position across all units based on staffing needs.
Every 7th weekend rotation
We offer 2 individual and 2 group hours of supervision.
- Delivers professional and thorough social work services, including psychosocial assessment and intervention planning.
- Identifies patients who require social work assessment and intervention through high risk screening, interdisciplinary team meetings and individual referrals.
- Conducts assessments that address bio-psycho-social issues for age, population and health specific needs which results in individualized plans of care.
- Provides support and counseling to patients and families.
- Provides information and assistance for identified financial or social needs.
- Coordinates complex transition plans with patients, families, health care team and community providers.
- Utilizes the electronic medical record to monitor, document and communicate patient progress toward goals and progression of the social work plan.
- Collaborates and communicates with interdisciplinary team anticipating needs to move the plan of care forward.
- Provides support and information to patient and families regarding transition plan.
- Maintains knowledge of government and private payer networks and services to assure appropriate transitions.
- Collaborates with community and health care resources based on need to coordinate care for the patient.
- Advocates for patients and families by supporting patient rights and accessing protective services.
- Demonstrates awareness of patient rights and ethical decision making; provides advocacy to support patient and family.
- Assures appropriate reporting of vulnerability or suspected abuse as mandated by law.
- May participate in care system process that prevent readmissions.
- Plans and participates in transition conferences with patients and families.
- Utilizes tools and technology to identify and intervene with patients who are at risk for readmission.
- Ensures that a complete clinical handoff occurs for at risk patient, which may include referrals.
- May collaborate with the health care team to promote appropriate length of stay.
- Utilizes tools and technology to support appropriate length of stay management.
- Facilitates timely referrals and transfers of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work required or
- Master's degree in Social Work preferred
- Less than 2 years of experience in a health care setting required and
- Less than 2 years of experience in a acute care setting preferred
- Licensed Social Worker - MN Board of Social Work required or
- Licensed Social Worker - WI Dept of Safety & Professional Services required
- Driver's License for positions in Hospice and Home Health required
- Care Management Certification for positions in Care Management within 2 years of hire required
- See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
- Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
- I help my team connect to the broader mission
- I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
- Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
- Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
- Succeed Together: Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
- I respect others’ opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes
- Analytical Thinking: Diagnoses issues using a systematic and methodical approach.
- Communication Skills: Advanced communication skills involving complicated topics.
- Functional Knowledge: Understands his/her discpline and good conceptualization of processes.
- Problem Solving: Asseses circumstances using experience and a variety of information gathered.
- Collaboration: Creates internal alliances outside the immediate team or department.
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently