Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:September 21, 2023
Department:62894400 Allina Health Group OB GYN East
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Allina Health’s Women’s Health Service Line is looking for an OBGYN Physician to join our busy and collaborative team in delivering women’s health patient care in clinic, hospital, and surgery for our United Women’s Health Clinic in the heart of downtown St. Paul, MN.
Our Women’s Health Service Line works to provide world class care, outcomes, and experiences for the combined services of mothers, babies, and families. Our care services include maternal fetal medicine, obstetrical care, newborn care, neonatology, fetal care, gynecology, minimally invasive surgery, urogynecology and perinatal mental health
Key Position Details:
- Provides direct care for obstetric and gynecology patients which may include specializing in areas of general medicine, the reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or workflows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Eight labor and delivery locations; 13,800 deliveries/year; 30 clinics; 53 OBGYNs; 21 OB hospitalists; 13 Clinical Nurse Midwives, 11 Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists, 2 fetal interventionalists.
- Nursing Support programs for Rx refills, triage and pap results
- After hours answering service support
- Quaternary hospital: Abbott Northwestern, Lv IV NICU; Tertiary hospitals - Mercy and United with level III NICUs, and 6 regional hospitals
- Mentorship/learning from a group of 80+ providers across our health system
- Excellian, our EMR, is a software product from Epic and is considered one of the most comprehensive systems in the nation.
- This position will be at our United Women's Health Clinic on the United Hospital campus.
- Competitive, comprehensive salary, benefit and time away packages including malpractice insurance, relocation and a 2-year salary guarantee.
- Call will be 4-5 12-hour shifts per month
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA within Obstetrics and Gynecology upon hire
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
- BLS Tier 3 - required within 6 months of hire
Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health’s commitment to Whole Person Care – mind, body, spirit and connection to community – defines our approach and how we shape our offerings. Our Primary Care providers partner with our Mental Health service line and the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing to provide whole person care in the clinic setting. When we provide Whole Person Care, we help people do more, feel stronger and live better than they ever thought possible.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently