Cardiac Sonographer Casual
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:September 21, 2023
Department:31005041 AHMHI Ridgeview Support
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:0
Job Summary:Provides high quality cardiac ultrasound exams for cardiologist interpretation, resulting in accurate diagnosis and/or shorter length of stay without repeat scans.
Key Position Details:
- Casual position
- Main locations- Chaska and Waconia. Potential to float to Lakeview (Waconia) and Ridgeview Delano
- Performs routine and special cardiac procedures in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
- Identifies patient and does set up for exam.
- Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Completes procedures with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains work knowledge and competence.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all imaging has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Communicates with RN regarding patient status
- Works together during specific procedures to ensure appropriate patient care.
- Notifies RN of immediate patient needs or concerns.
- Performs additional duties to complete process
- Finalizes scan reports and sends to appropriate area for reading.
- Participates in room turnover, including cleaning of equipment.
- Restocks and prepares room for next patient.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's or Vocational degree from a diagnostic sonography program required, echocardiography preferred
- Cardiac Sonography experience preferred
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer registry eligible upon hire required.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently