Cardiovascular Technologist - EP
St. Louis, MO, USA
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:September 21, 2023
Department:38015007 Mercy EP Lab
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Assists physician during diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular, electrophysiology or peripheral vascular procedures, including circulating, scrubbing, monitoring and hemodynamic monitoring/recording. Follows department policies to maintain a safe, efficient environment while caring for the patient.
Key Position Details:
Job Description:Principle Responsibilities
- Effectively operates laboratory equipment
- Prepares and operates equipment within department, manufacturer and federal guidelines.
- Performs quality control and basic troubleshooting as needed.
- Promptly reports all equipment problems to appropriate source.
- Performs scrub role activities
- Ensures a safe and sterile environment for the patient.
- Practices aseptic technique, maintains sterile field and reports/corrects any breaks in sterile technique.
- Prepares the equipment and competently assists the physician during the procedure.
- Understands the anatomy and physiology of the conduction system, and associated intra cardiac electrocardiographic signals.
- Assists physicians in monitoring/circulator role
- Detects and responds to changing patient conditions, observing EKG, blood pressure, and other electrograms.
- Performs complete diagnostic and provocative pacing protocols under the direction of the physician.
- Differentiates basic and complex arrhythmias and assists in mapping.
- Records, compiles and enters patient data accurately into electronic medical record and image retrieval system.
- Ensures safe environment for patients and staff
- Protects self and others from injury by using equipment per manufacturer and department guidelines.
- Uses transfer lifts, transport equipment and body mechanics to protect from injury.
- Practices good habits of radiation safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vocational or Technical Training graduate of accredited Cardiovascular Technology program required or
- Bachelor's degree in life, physical science, or health care related field required
- 0 to 2 years in Cardiovascular Lab or Electrophysiology preferred
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire and
- ACLS/BLS Tier 2-Advanced Cardiac Life Support - Allina Health required within 180 Days
- Registered Invasive Cardiovascular Technology within 1 Year preferred
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently