Moonlighting Internal Medicine CV
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:March 17, 2023
Department:61005024 AHMHI Heart Hospital Providers MPLS
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:0
Job Summary:Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health Minneapolis Heart Institute (AHMHI) over the last 40 years, has grown to be one of the top cardiovascular centers in the world - and is consistently ranked #1 in the Twin Cities, within the top 1% of programs nationally for Cardiology and Heart Surgery by U.S. News and World Report, and top 20 cardiology programs world-wide by Newsweek.
Key Position Details:
Occasional weekends. Will round with the inpatient team at Abbott Northwestern Hospital.
8 Cardiac Surgeons
6 Vascular Surgeons
EMR: Excellian is one of the most comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) systems in the nation.
Located in south Minneapolis, Abbott Northwestern, is consistently recognized nationally and locally for its exceptional expertise and care.
- With over 5,500 employees, 1,400 physicians and 633 beds, Abbott Northwestern Hospital cares for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
- Abbott is known around the region and across the U.S. for its centers of excellence through the Institutes of: Cancer, Minneapolis Heart, Spine, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, WomenCare, and Courage Kenny Rehabilitation.
- Abbott is also a ANCC Magnet-designated hospital
Consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report, Minneapolis-St. Paul, commonly referred to as the Twin Cities, offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. There are excellent school systems, a thriving workforce, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, 4 major league sports teams, and an international airport. Minneapolis boasts outdoor hobbies including fishing and boating, great golf, and some of the country's best bike trails.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Manages complex cardiac conditions such as heart attacks, and life-threatening, abnormal heartbeat rhythms.
- Manages diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
- May, if certified, perform cardiac imaging such as Echocardiography, CT scan, MRI scan, and Nuclear studies.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or work flows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required.
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program in Internal Medicine required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required.
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain).
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- ACLS certification required upon hire.
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently