Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:April 25, 2023
Department:62089900 Allina Health Group Forest Lake
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:Variable shift length
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health’s commitment to Whole Person Care – mind, body, spirit and connection to community – defines our approach and how we shape our offerings. Our Primary Care providers partner with our Mental Health service line and the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing to provide whole person care in the clinic setting. When we provide Whole Person Care, we help people do more, feel stronger and live better than they ever thought possible.
Key Position Details:
- Primary care team has 7 Family Medicine Physicians, 3 Advanced Practice Providers, and 1 Pediatrician
- 36 patient contact hours per week
- Minimal call coverage, phone only, RN triage support
- Outpatient practice providing care to all ages, including growing families
- Clinic hours are Monday, Tuesday: 8:00am-6:00pm, Wednesday, Thursday: 7:00am-5:00pm, Friday: 8:00am-4:30pm and closed Saturday-Sunday
- EMR: Excellian is one of the most comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) systems in the nation.
Located 20 miles northeast of the Twin Cities, Forest Lake grew up amid the lakes, wetlands and rolling hills as a farming community that became a resort community. Due to its' proximity to the Twin Cities, this city on the lake (actually three lakes) has become one of the real desirable places to live. The connection to Minneapolis and St. Paul by Interstate 35 has spurred commercial growth as well. New neighborhoods continue to be developed, parks and recreational opportunities are abundant, and the community is home to a strong award-winning school district.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or workflows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance
- Master's degree Completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program required
- 2 to 5 years Minimum 2 years experience post Nurse Practitioner training strongly preferred preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse - MN Board of Nursing required upon hire
- Certified Nurse Practitioner - ANCC - American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) required certification within specialty upon hire
- ACLS-BLS Tier 2 - Multisource required within 180 Days
- Drug Enforcement Administration upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently