Family Practice Provider with Obstetrics
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:May 08, 2023
Department:62049900 Allina Health Group Eagan
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health’s commitment to Whole Person Care – mind, body, spirit and connection to community – defines our approach and how we shape our offerings. Our Primary Care providers partner with our Mental Health service line and the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing to provide whole person care in the clinic setting. When we provide Whole Person Care, we help people do more, feel stronger and live better than they ever thought possible.
Key Position Details:
- Primary care team has 16 Family Medicine Physicians (5 FM with OB), 3 Advanced Practice Providers, and 3 Pediatricians
- Supportive and collaborative provider group
- Focused on provider well-being and having a work-life balance
- Provider mentorship program
- Largest single specialty clinic
- 36 patient contact hours per week
- Minimal call coverage between FM with OB providers
- Outpatient practice providing care to all ages, including growing families
- Clinic hours are Monday - Thursday: 7:30am-6pm, Friday 7:00am-5:00pm, and closed Saturday-Sunday
- EMR: Excellian is one of the most comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) systems in the nation.
Eagan, MN has been named by MONEY magazine as one of "America's Best Places to Live" - in fact the 17th best place in the US in 2008. Amidst rolling hills, ponds and green space, the city of Eagan is frequently cited as one of the fastest-growing cities in the metropolitan area. Interstate 494 and Cedar Avenue have made this southern suburb easily accessible to the Twin Cities area and just minutes from the International Airport. Eagan's residential offerings meet most every taste and price range. The community attracts many young, growing families as well as a significant amount of industrial and business development. Northwest Airlines, Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Minnesota, West, a Thomson business, Midwest Coca-Cola Bottling and Unisys are among the larger companies operating in Eagan.
Bordered by the historic Minnesota River, Eagan contains over 1,000 acres of the Minnesota Valley Wildlife Refuge and 1,500 acres of the county's Lebanon Hills Regional Park with swimming, fishing, boating, hiking, horse trails and picnic grounds. There are also 54 municipal parks with trails, ice rinks, ball fields, tennis courts and play equipment. The city contains three public golf courses, a YMCA, an indoor civic arena and Cascade Bay, noted as one of the top ten public outdoor aquatic facilities in the US.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or workflows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
- ACLS-BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required within 180 Days
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently