Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Number of Job Openings Available:4
Date Posted:September 22, 2023
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Weekend Rotation:Every 4th
Job Summary:Provides direct patient care to women which may include specializing in areas of general medicine, the reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
Key Position Details:
- Provides direct care for obstetric and gynecology patients which may include specializing in areas of general medicine, the reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or workflows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Eight labor and delivery locations; 13,800 deliveries/year; 30 clinics; 53 OBGYNs; 21 OB hospitalists; 13 Clinical Nurse Midwives, 11 Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists, 2 fetal interventionalists.
- Nursing Support programs for Rx refills, triage and pap results
- After hours answering service support
- Quaternary hospital: Abbott Northwestern, Lv IV NICU; Tertiary hospitals - Mercy and United with level III NICUs, and 6 regional hospitals
- Mentorship/learning from a group of 80+ providers across our health system
- Competitive, comprehensive salary, benefit and time away packages including malpractice and relocation
- Excellian, our EMR, is a software product from Epic and is considered one of the most comprehensive systems in the nation.
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA within Obstetrics and Gynecology upon hire
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
- BLS Tier 3 - required within 6 months of hire
- 1:4 call
- 4 OBGYN openings
Located just 50 miles south of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Allina Health Faribault Medical Center provides a broad range of health care services to Faribault and the surrounding communities. The medical center offers a full-range of inpatient and outpatient services: Cancer Center-affiliated with the Virginia Piper Cancer Institute, cardiac rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging, emergency services, hospice, laboratory services, pharmacy, pulmonary rehabilitation, respiratory care, Sleep Center, speech therapy, Surgery Center and women’s health. With access to many of Abbott Northwestern Hospital specialists, we are able to provide care for cardiac, stroke and many other complex medical conditions, 24/7. The campus also includes Allina Health Faribault Clinic, Mayo Clinic Health System-Faribault, Orthopaedic & Fracture Clinic and Rehab One.
Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently