Number of Job Openings Available:5
Date Posted:August 21, 2023
Department:62894400 Allina Health Group OB GYN East
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:10
Job Summary:Our Women's Health Clinical Service Line works to provide world class care, outcomes and experiences for the combined services of mothers, babies and families. Our care services include perinatology, obstetrical care, newborn care, neonatology, fetal care, gynecology, minimally invasive surgery, urogynecology and perinatal mental health. Our OBGYN Hospitalist provide in-house obstetrical coverage of the labor and delivery unit, antepartum and postpartum units, and triage areas.
Key Position Details:
- Provides direct patient for Obstetrical patients in a hospital setting.
- Provides in-house obstetrical coverage of the labor and delivery unit, antepartum and postpartum units, and triage area.
- Provides services including but not limited to emergency cesarean sections, spontaneous vaginal or operative vaginal births, postpartum tubal ligations, and rounding on antepartum, laboring and postpartum patients.
- Provides overall care management of patients without an assigned physician, and those requiring emergency obstetric care.
- Provides backup support and surgical assistance to staff Obstetricians as needed.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Cover GYN concerns out of the Emergency Department and basic gynecologic surgery skills are required (D&C and laparoscopy)
- Casual status
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalent from an approved medical program required.
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program in OB/GYN required.
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required upon hire.
- BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required within 180 Days.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in OB/GYN upon hire required.
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required.
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required.
- National Provider Identifier upon hire required.
Allina is based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin, operating in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas. We are a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health’s commitment to Whole Person Care – mind, body, spirit and connection to community – defines our approach and how we shape our offerings. Our Primary Care providers partner with our Mental Health service line and the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing to provide whole person care in the clinic setting. When we provide Whole Person Care, we help people do more, feel stronger and live better than they ever thought possible.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently