LPN or MA, Edina and Minneapolis (Urgent Care)
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:August 21, 2023
Department:64026600 Allina Health Group Urgent Care Centennial Lakes
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:20
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Provides support to providers and the nursing staff in the delivery of timely, quality patient health care services. Some duties include assisting with rooming patients, managing patient flow and obtaining adequate patient medical information/data.
Individuals in this role will work in an outpatient clinic setting.
Key Position Details:
This position is for every other Saturday, then various hours during the week.
Shifts can be 6, 8, or 12-hour shifts
Operating hours: M- F 8:00 am to 8:00 p.m. and weekends: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Provides patient care support and assist providers as instructed by the physician, provider or RN.
- Administers therapies including medications, calling in provider authorized prescriptions, scheduling follow up visits (and prior authorization) or other support unique to a specialty provider.
- Provides patient care pre/post encounter or procedure, preventative or other health information per provider or RN.
- Collaborates with Provider and team on improving and managing quality goals.
- May start, monitor and discontinue IVs (dependent on site needs and training).
- Rooms patients, manages patient flow and obtains adequate patient medical information/data.
- Performs rooming and accurately measures patients’ vital signs and other measurement/indicators as necessary and records in medical record.
- Coordinates communication of medical information and confirms information with patient when necessary and document per practice.
- Assists patients, as necessary, to prepare for physician exam, including providing psycho-emotional support.
- Assists in the collection, labeling and processing specimens timely/accurately.
- Transfers and assists with patient positioning when necessary. Assists physician with procedures including preparation of medication as required/needed.
- Organizes patient flow so physician can move efficiently from one room to the next.
- Provides outbound calls to patients to follow up as directed which may include notifying patients of test results.
- Accurately and completely charts information in the patient medical record.
- May checkout and schedule follow up visits with provider or appropriate staff before patient leaves.
- Receive or initiate patient phone calls.
- Answers phones cordially and professionally in a timely manner.
- May confirm or reiterate patient symptom using patient's own words.
- Arrange for appropriate appointment or forward to RN or provider for review/recommendation.
- Documents all encounters and patient interactions accurately and completely in the electronic medical record.
- Retrieves voicemail messages and returns patient call with provider recommendation.
- Processes physician orders.
- Performs any clinical functions within scope of license as ordered by physician.
- Responds promptly to patient needs and requests.
- Reviews patient charts before the visit to ensure that test results, therapy reports etc. are available.
- Provides appropriate instructions to patient as directed by physician.
- Cleans, prepares, organizes and re-stocks exam rooms.
- Cleans and ensures the proper maintenance occurs for all exam rooms and sterilize instruments as trained.
- Ensures that required teaching supplies are restocked and readily available.
- Stocks and supplies exam rooms according to standards and patient needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree from a Board of Nursing approved LPN program required
- Two years clinic LPN experience preferred and
- Licensed Practical Nurse MN BON or Licensed Practical Nurse Wisconsin, if working in Wisconsin or interacting with Wisconsin patients by phone
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Allina Health required Allina Health, American Heart Association or American Red Cross within 30 Days
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- 0 to 2 years of Medical Assistant experience required and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required Certified by the American Heart Association or Allina BLS within 30 Days
- Non-Certified Applicants with less than six (6) months of Medical Assistant experience must have graduated from an accredited school with a clinical externship
- Certified Medical Assistant - CMA - American Association of Medical Assistants preferred
- Medical Terminology preferred
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently