Hospitalist - Internal/Family Medicine
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:August 28, 2023
Department:30009042 Allina Health Hospitalist Regina
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Weekend Rotation:Every 3rd
Job Summary:Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families. Provides general medical care for hospitalized patients and serves as the patient's primary physician during hospitalization.
Key Position Details:
- Provides direct patient care in a hospital setting.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Manages ventilator care, but not placement.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Full time 7 on 7 off schedule
- Average 8-12 encounters per day
Vent privileges, but don't manage patients on the vent, except for a postop patient while we're waiting on transfer
Teleintensivist available to assist with ventilator management.
Procedures aren't required, but physicians are welcome to pursue them if they have the training.
Excellian, our EMR, is a software product from Epic and is considered one of the most comprehensive systems in the nation.
Weekend will be every other weekend - 2 weekends/ 4-week block.
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required
- Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN and WI (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN and WI DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
- ACLS/BLS - required within 180 days of hire
Located just 20 minutes southeast of the Twin Cities in Hastings, MN, the Allina Health United Hospital- Regina Campus is a 57-bed acute care hospital employing 400+ staff and 250+ medical staff. Services include inpatient, outpatient, emergency care, a 5-bed special care unit, Courage Kenny Sports & Physical Therapy, Cancer Care and Mental Health. In addition, the campus also includes two Allina Health Clinics, a surgery center, and senior living facilities.
Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health’s commitment to Whole Person Care – mind, body, spirit and connection to community – defines our approach and how we shape our offerings. Our Primary Care providers partner with our Mental Health service line and the Penny George Institute for Health.