12 Hour Nursing Assistant: Med Surg Float Pool
Number of Job Openings Available:2
Date Posted:August 29, 2023
Department:31003840 Med Surg Float Pool
Shift:Permanent Nights (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:24
Union Contract:SEIU-4-Abbott Northwestern Service Workers
Weekend Rotation:Weekend Schedule Program - 12
Job Summary:Under the direct supervision of a RN, assists in the delivery of patient care. This includes performing personal care such as feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, moving and transporting patients, or changing linens. Collects and documents vital signs and other observations of patients.
Key Position Details:
12 Hour Shifts Every Weekend- 0.6 FTE- Permanent Nights
- Performs personal care/interventions as assigned.
- Completes interventions according to identified critical elements of each procedure.
- Answers patient call lights promptly for both assigned and other patients.
- Distributes and sets up water, snacks and patient trays and assists patients.
- Assists patient with grooming and hygiene needs, maintains skin integrity, personal comfort and population specific needs of the patient.
- Provides assistance with ambulation, transfer, positioning and range of motion (ROM) according to activity order and needs of the patient.
- Implements activities of fall prevention plan as specified in plan of care.
- Collects and saves specimens.
- Provides assistance to the RN for admission, transfer, discharge and post-mortem care.
- May transport medications excluding controlled substances within the site.
- Observes, collects and documents health status data as assigned.
- Completes measurements according to critical elements of policy/procedures, which may include: temperatures, radial pulses, blood pressures, respirations, weights, intake and output.
- Reports immediately to the RN observations/health status data that are not within normal limits for the patient or are significantly changed.
- Documents according to documentation guidelines.
- Contributes to an environment that is safe for patients, visitors and employees.
- Protects patient, self and others from injury during transfers, lifts and transports by using proper equipment and body mechanics.
- Reports environmental risks or equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Uses equipment following policies, procedures and manufacturer directions or standards.
- May handle hazardous waste (identifies, segregates, and disposes of hazardous waste; ensures container integrity; knows emergency response procedures to spills, fires, and evacuation procedures).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED required
- One year of Nursing Assistant experience required or
- Completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotations within an accredited nursing program or registered on the MN Nursing Assistant registry required
- Certified Nursing Assistant - MN Nursing Assistant Registry preferred
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required Certified by the American Heart Association or Allina BLS upon hire
- See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
- Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
- I help my team connect to the broader mission
- I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
- Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
- Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
- Succeed Together:Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
- I respect others’ opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes
- Communication Skills: Able to communicate well in straight-forward situations.
- Problem Solving: Uses common sense to solve routine issues.
- Collaboration: Creates internal alliances outside the immediate team or department.
- Functional Knowledge: Knowledgeable about his/her specific job.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently