Hospitalist - Internal Medicine
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:August 30, 2023
Department:30009046 Allina Health Hospitalist St Francis
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Weekend Rotation:Every 4th
Job Summary:Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families. Provides general medical care for hospitalized patients, and performs procedures in the inpatient setting. Serves as the patient's primary physician during hospitalization.
Key Position Details:
- Direct Patient Care.
- Provides direct patient care in a hospital setting.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Performs minor surgical procedures such as paracentesis, central line placements and arterial line placements, and peripherally inserted central catheter line insertion.
- Manages ventilator care.
- Performs endotracheal intubation procedures.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or workflows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine required
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program in Internal Medicine required
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required upon hire
- ACLS/BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required upon hire
- PALS - Pediatric Advance Life Support - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire
- Licensed Physician - WI upon hire required depending on business unit
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility by the American Board of Internal Medicine upon hire required
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required
- National Provider Identifier upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently