Distribution- Project Manager I
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.Position Summary
Standard Operations Position. Provide project management, leadership and coordination for one or more projects or project work streams. Responsible for overall project scope, schedule, cost and risk management. Leads team to achieve approved project scope, develops strategic sequencing and detailed milestone schedules, project-level cost tracking and reconciliation. Coordinates development of detailed cost estimates, schedules and associated project RFP's, RFQ's, contracts, etc. Responsible for leading projects through all internal and external processes. Manages the project scope, schedule and closely plans and manages all project costs. Ensures availability or seeks out adequate resources for projects.
- Project Management: Prepare and produce project management reports, timelines, budgets, and documentation as guided by project or program manager. Independently manage and build project plan deliverables on smaller projects and contribute to larger projects. Provide tracking of large project plans. Identify plan gaps and develop closure plans. Ensure the successful completion of assigned project deliverables & milestones in a dynamic/complex environment.
- Financial Management: Assist with management of project financials including budgeting, forecasting, and actuals tracking. Support RFP and contract management processes. Review actuals versus planned budget during project life cycle to identify deviations, research reason for deviation and recommend corrective action. Ensure timely project closure, payment and reconciliation.
- Resource Management: Manage resources, both internal and external. Manage assigned contracts and associated payments and performance requirements. Manage a comprehensive resource plan for a matrixed team of diverse talent to maximize skills and minimize cost.
- Project Planning: Define deliverables and required delivery dates. Facilitate the involvement of all key stakeholders in requirements gathering and planning process. Develop solution design that encompasses the entire project scope, and secure all required approvals (internal, external, etc.). Develop viable work plans/WBS, milestone schedules, and project cost/benefit estimates.
- Scope & Risk Management: Manage project scope change process. Identify risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle steps and assist in creation of mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Relationship Management: Communicates project status to all levels of the organization. Establish effective, collaborative working relationships to maximize project efficiency, responsiveness and resource allocation.
Minimum 5 years work experience in operations, technology, finance, or comparable function; utility experience preferred BS Engineering, Construction, Business, Information Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience 3 -5 years' experience in project management and process improvement; some formal project management training preferred Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others Strong presentation and facilitation skills; excellent written/verbal communications skills required Understanding of core business processes/ industry trends with ability to understand/apply ongoing changes Knowledge of project planning and business need justification process and methodology Ability to adapt to change quickly and work within a diverse, cross-functional team environment Vendor/contract management experience preferred
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $79,000.00 to $112,999.00 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.