Manager, Regulatory Admin
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Manage the work, resources, and processes needed to plan and execute Xcel Energy's regulatory initiatives and compliance with regulatory requirements. Develop and obtain regulatory approval for company positions in clean energy, renewable energy, and customer program-related regulatory initiatives. Manage the resources necessary to make timely and complete rate and regulatory filings, including support for the filing of general rate case filings, certificates of need, resource plans, and rate rider filings. Manage staff and processes to ensure appropriate records retention, timely filings, and compliance with all regulatory requirements. Working with the Director of Governmental and Regulatory Affairs, establish and maintain state commission and stakeholder relationships and work with internal stakeholders to design initiatives that provide a constructive regulatory framework for Xcel Energy's initiatives. Sponsor expert and legislative testimony needed to support Xcel Energy's initiatives. Subject areas may include generation and supply-side initiatives, transmission initiatives, renewable and environmental initiatives.
- Manage the work, resources, and processes need to prepare timely and complete regulatory filings needed to implement Xcel Energy's major initiatives. Manage teams and staff to ensure projects are consistent with Xcel Energy priorities, are appropriately advocated before regulatory bodies, are timely, and fully comply with all filing requirements. Prepare and sponsor expert and legislative testimony as needed to support major regulatory filings.
- Anticipate and direct the work necessary to ensure timely and adequate cost recovery for Xcel Energy initiatives. Working with legislative staff, develop and support legislative strategies necessary to provide Xcel Energy with timely and adequate cost recovery for generation, transmission, environmental, and/or renewable initiatives. Manage the preparation of regulatory filings related to cost recovery.
- Effectively represent Xcel Energy's policies and initiatives in regulatory proceedings, settlement discussions, and stakeholder collaborations to support Company initiatives. Negotiate resolution of disputes with state agencies and stakeholders in regulatory proceedings.
- Establish and maintain contact with state regulators and stakeholders to represent Company policies and initiatives and to gather input and information to help shape Company initiatives. Anticipate regulatory issues and develop strategies for developing and advocating proposals that support Company policies.
- Initiate and maintain continuous communication and interaction with Xcel Energy business units. Lead efforts to develop regulatory solutions to support business objectives.
- Manage the activities of staff that support regulatory filings and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Regulatory Policy, Business, or related discipline.
- Minimum of five years experience in regulatory matters.
- Specific experience in dealing with regulatory agencies preferred.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge and understanding of rules, regulations, practices and procedures in multiple jurisdictions.
- Must be able to use PC software such as Word and Excel.
- Frequent overnight travel required; extensive overtime.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $119,000.00 to $169,665.67 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.