Instrument and Control Technician - Georgetown, CO
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Xcel Energy has one or more Instrument & Control Tech TA positions open for our Georgetown, CO location.
1. Perform installation, maintenance, calibration, testing, troubleshooting, configuration and repair of power plant instrumentation and process control systems, including CEMS.
2. Perform testing required by Plant Operation, regulatory requirements; review, prepare and submit records in support of these activities.
3. Specify and initiate purchase requisitions in support of the above.
4. Maintain accurate records.
5. Perform equipment and/or system upgrades with latest technology for plant optimization.
6. Train apprentices.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Two-year certificate from vocational technical institute in electronics or instrumentation, or company approved equivalent training and/or experience.
3. Must have NICET Level II or company approved equivalent certification.
4. Two or more years troubleshooting and repairs to the component level of electronic/industrial instrumentation desired.
5. Four or more years previous power plant instrumentation or equivalent experience required.
6. Must have completed the approved apprenticeship training or company approved equivalent.
1. Scheduled and emergency overtime is required.
2. Must possess the skills needed to respond to back shift callout for unsupervised work.
3. Traveling to other sites may be required.
4. Non-Generation employees must successfully pass the Behavioral Assessement & Edison Electric Institute Plant Personnel test.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $58.63 per hourThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Vacation, Holidays, Personal Leave, Sick Time, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only)
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.