IT Solution Lead/ServiceNow Discovery
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
The Solution Lead is responsible for leading work within or across end-to-end solution lifecycle. They hold accountability for meeting business needs, supporting business strategy, and ensuring IT solutions have sound operation. They provide in-depth knowledge of the business needs, business processes, and corresponding solutions. They provide technical guidance in partnership with cross-organizational team members to ensure solutions align with architecture and IT strategy. They are a key contact to business, customer and stakeholder groups for their respective domain, helping ensure business needs and corresponding value and risk are well represented.
- Relationship Management: Partner with business areas, customers and other stakeholders to understand business needs and opportunities. Represent business partners/stakeholders in input to strategic planning and investment prioritization. Establish and maintain collaborative partnership with internal partners. Provide coaching and direction to less experienced team members.
- Solution Delivery: Participate in Demand Management preparation, lead and support delivery lifecycle activities, and ensure solutions are designed for great user experience and operational performance. Facilitate delivery meetings and ceremonies. Lead analysis and design. Provide needed plans, demo's, artifacts, and procedural documentation.
- Operations Management: Ensure solutions are designed for stable operation. Review solution performance, and continually assess health of systems and processes, driving action to avoid service disruption and minimize impacts. Drive alignment with stakeholders on maintenance activities and schedules.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Stay abreast of industry and technology trends to continuously improve solution delivery practices and customer satisfaction.
Bachelor's degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position. Seven years of related functional experience Experience with Project or Product delivery practices, including SDLC, Agile, and Waterfall Demonstrated ability to recommend innovative solutions to meet business needs Ability to drive continuous improvement through lean and agile practices Demonstrated in depth knowledge of end-to-end process and system capabilities, as well as industry standards and emerging technologies and methods Strong understand of technical, functional, and operational details of respective solutions. Strong problem solving and analytical skills Demonstrated ability to build functional and technical subject matter expertise, process and tools expertise, and drive consistency in processes. In-depth knowledge or the ability to quickly attain expertise on core IT components within the respective domain. Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill set, and able to translate between technical and non-technical concepts. Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- ServiceNow Discovery Experience
- Linus Administration
- Windows Administration
- Basic scripting/development
- SNMP experience
- Excel experience
- Servicenow report building
- Discovery pattern creation
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to conduct research and perform detailed tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $90,000.00 to $127,332.33 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.