Manager Transportation Strategy and Policy
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.Position Summary
Determine the appropriate policy direction alternatives and develop recommendations for the company's regulatory and legislative strategy on issues related to electric transportation, including on issues related to industry structure, economic and environmental regulation. Leads development of complex regulatory filings for new customer product offerings related to electric transportation. Work directly with senior management to develop regulatory and legislative policies and strategies that support the company's strategic goals and objectives regarding clean transportation. Use subject matter expertise and engage other legislative, regulatory and subject matter experts to develop regulatory and policy strategy and coordinates with operating company regulatory groups to implement strategy. Engages with external stakeholders on public policy, clean transportation and emerging trends. Coordinate regulatory compliance activities in relevant jurisdictions.
- Identify impacts of regulatory and legislative initiatives (regulated, competitive, environmental, structural, etc.) on corporate positions from a regional, state-specific and national perspective. Provide strategic decisions on regulatory and regulatory based legislative actions to be taken in state jurisdiction. Develop alternatives to the point where they are taken to executive management for final decision-making. Represent Xcel as a witness at legislative hearings as needed.
- Communicate (written and oral) regularly with senior management and internal customers to ensure awareness of current regulatory and legislative issues that impact the company. Work directly with senior management to develop and promote regulatory and legislative policy positions. Maintain oversight of regulatory rulemaking activities and direct preparation of written and oral comments.
- Advocate Xcel's position with regulators and stakeholders in a variety of forums (e.g. regulatory proceedings, administrative rulemakings, legislative hearings, etc.). Communicate (orally and in writing) regularly with executive management and internal experts to ensure awareness of the impact of strategies and positions on Xcel's operations. Ensure, to the extent possible, consistency in policies and positions in each of Xcel's state jurisdictions and the federal jurisdiction. Prepare, oversee the preparation of, and provide supporting testimony as required.
- Directs the work of Analysts and Policy Specialists on specific projects. Directs preparation of written comments, testimony, position papers and briefing material on regulatory and legislative policy matters. Serves as project manager for developing and implementing policy initiatives. Develop and provide presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
BA/BS in political science, public policy, environmental science, engineering or related field. At least ten years or equivalent experience in public policy and/or environmental policy and/or utility regulatory, with preference for experience in an energy industry regulatory role. Knowledge of electric transportation, the utility industry and the legislative process required. Ability to work well with a wide variety of stakeholders. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Overnight travel and extensive overtime required.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $103,000.00 to $146,332.33 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.