Technical Intern- Infrastructure (Sophomore, Junior, Senior)
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Xcel Energy has an opportunity for a long-term internship within the Operation Technology (OT) Converged Support organization. This unique internship will offer access to work with the Data Center Services – Compute and Converged Support. The successful candidate will gain insight and exposure to the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)- Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Compliance requirements and be able to support with proper documentation as well as evidence gathering. Over the course of 18 months (20-40 hours weekly), the intern will learn and work on specific requirements within the OT Converged Support Team.
Data Center Services – Compute and Converged- The intern will develop skills for OT area and CIP documentation for meeting compliance requirement and provide support with daily tasks and needs.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- The applicant must be energetic and competent, and willing to commit to a minimum of 20 hours a week over 18 months within the Xcel Energy Operation Technology (OT) Converged Support organization. The applicant’s graduation date must not precede the completion date of the internship program.
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate degree in the field of computer science, management information systems, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, analytics, or business. Must be a current student. No graduate student applicants, please.
- Freshman through Junior standing (must not be graduated if senior)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Strong work ethic and initiative.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and has better organization skills:
- Experiences with the following technologies would be desired -SharePoint, Windows, Linux, VMware, MS Office/Office 365, Project Management Experience, Interest in Security & Compliance, and Networking.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $18.40 to $21.60 per hourThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.