Sr Project Control Specialist
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
This position is responsible for developing and promoting department standards for project controls practices. Advises and assists in the initial development of project control methods for large projects including work breakdown structure, accounting, scheduling, estimating, and reporting. Provides direction to various project personnel and project controls specialists as needed to prepare project schedules, project tracking methods, Cost Activity Reports and project metrics for effective project management.
**This position will be required to work from an assigned Xcel Energy location on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, with the option to work from home, on Mondays and Fridays.**
- Provides training for project personnel regarding project controls and its function within the overall six step project management process. Provides direction to less experienced project controls personnel to plan and schedule assigned projects.
- Assists Project Managers and other personnel in preparing project related reports, schedules, and cost analysis. Initial setup of large projects for all aspects of project controls. Promotes the Project Office concept and communicates and establishes the Project Controls function within the Project Office.
- Maintains a thorough, current knowledge of new and innovative techniques in the project planning, scheduling, and cost estimating fields. Represents the department in meetings and in efforts to promote standard project practices throughout the business area.
- Provides ongoing support for the optimal performance of the Online Project Management System. Demonstrates super user capabilities with the Online Project Management System
- Provides detailed tracking and reporting of project control metrics including Earned Value, Cost Performance Index, Schedule Performance Index, project costs to date, cost variance, schedule variance and resource allocation and utilization. Performs resource leveling analyses as required.
- Establishes Work Breakdown Structure standards in conjunction with Sr. Specialist, Project Cost Controls. Provides project controls individual and group training.
Bachelor Degree from an accredited university, or equivalent relevant experience with knowledge of project planning, scheduling and cost estimating techniques. Minimum of ten (10) years related experience. Practical knowledge of overall project control, estimating, and reporting methods and working knowledge scheduling and cost control for application in project cost estimating, organization, and control. Detailed knowledge of project planning, scheduling, and monitoring/control methods and practices. Comprehensive understanding of company policies, procedures and financial obligations that would apply to projects. Expert in standard server software applications such as e-mail, spreadsheet, word processing, database, as well as scheduling and cost estimating software applications. Past experience with software tool development for project management desirable.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $79,000.00 to $112,999.00 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.