Corporate Giving Intern
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
- Support foundation grantmaking, including coordinating grant agreements, payment information and communications requests.
- Complete data entry, data clean up and metric reporting in the Foundation’s online portal, CyberGrants.
- Support implementation of successful annual United Way workplace giving campaign including donor support, data entry, and input into the communication and fundraising strategies and tactics.
- Work with finance teams on audit and financial processes.
- Support open lines of communications with Corporate Giving and regional Foundation Representatives through meeting scheduling and minute taking during meetings.
- Support employee giving programs which include but are not limited to the United Way Campaign, Dollars for Doing, Matching Gifts, Volunteer Paid Time Off, sponsorships and In-Kind Donations; help create process documents and job aids for these.
- Assist in monitoring and responding to emails and voicemails that come in on shared inboxes and hotlines.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing a degree in: human resources, business administration, Corporate Social Responsibility, nonprofit management or similar.
- A Sophomore or higher as of Spring 2023.
- Recent graduates and seniors graduating May 2024 are not eligible.
- Successful candidates will have excellent attention to detail, be organized, and have good communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, is required.
- Able to work part time (approx. 20 hours per week) during the school year and full time (40 hours per week) during the summer.
- Prior Volunteer or work experience in a professional office setting
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $16.20 per hourThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.