Audit Intern- Minneapolis, MN
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Is it time to see how all those college courses translate to the real world? Are you ready to work alongside experienced professionals on real projects and issues? An internship at Xcel Energy will give you practical experience in the energy industry at a company that’s committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electric and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Xcel Energy is seeking candidates to support our Internal Audit Organization in Minneapolis, MN. The paid internship provides an opportunity to showcase your abilities in an audit group that supports various business units throughout the Company. The program provides practical work experience to develop your existing skillset, present to senior leadership, and collaborate with key internal stakeholders. Each intern will be relied upon to play a role in achieving department objectives and goals. The program will allow you to apply what you’ve learned in school and further enhance your knowledge through hands on training and also provide opportunities to network and learn with other interns across the organization.
Typical intern responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) control testing to meet SOX compliance objectives;
- Perform technology, cybersecurity, financial, operational, contract and compliance audit work, as assigned;
- Learn international standards for the professional practice of internal auditing; and
- Apply data analytics skills to deliver business insight, along with hindsight and foresight.
(Starting pay is based on Sophomore college level and will increase each additional year of college)
- Current student, sophomore status or higher
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing a degree in business, accounting, finance, and/or MIS/Computer Science
- Able to commute to the corporate office in Minneapolis, MN
- Able to work full-time during the summer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- 3.0 GPA (out of a 4.0 scale) or higher
- Completed 2 years of undergraduate coursework, including classes in accounting, data analytics, auditing, and/or other technology certifications.
- Experience or proficiency with data analytics tools
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $18.40 to $21.60 per hourThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.