Transmission Line Engineering Intern
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Xcel Energy is looking to fill an Internship role for our Transmission Line department located in Amarillo, TX
Work with transmission engineering and design staff to support high voltage Transmission Line design projects, budget estimate creation, and NERC compliance activities. Successful candidate will gain practical engineering experience and have the opportunity to further develop their communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be enrolled in an Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering program (ABET accredited program)
- Sophomore or Junior classification
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively; both written and verbally
- Must be self- motivated, have good mechanical aptitude, and ability to work well with others
- Must be able to work 10-20 hours per week while school is in session and 40 hours per week when school is out of session
- Must be able to live within a commutable distance of Amarillo, TX.
- Course work in Power Transmission & Distribution and an interest in the power industry desirable.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $20.70 to $22.50 per hourThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.