Director, HR Technology and Analytics
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible for developing a vision for new/emerging HR technology and leading the team to identify, implement, and deploy evolving digital HR tools. Ownership and leadership over the selection and implementation of all new HR systems. The position will also be responsible for reporting and analytics to support human capital management.
Strategy and Development:
- Formulate HR Technology strategy and roadmap to align with HR’s strategic plan including the technical capabilities and data strategy to help transform the employee and manager experience
- Establish close partnership with leaders across HR to advance human capital data and analytics to provide insight on workforce trends, program effectiveness and operational efficiency
- Evaluate and adapt HR technology security and data governance to ensure alignment with internal protocols/controls, maximize data protection and privacy and compliance with federal, state and local requirements as applicable
- Oversee functional operations through configuration, defect resolution and maintenance of Workday and UKG
- Manage HR technology related projects including budget, resource and timeline
- Partner with leaders across HR to streamline processes and drive efficiencies through system automation
- Ensure close partnership with IT function on technology initiatives, operational execution and integration needs
- Lead the end-to-end vendor management cycle for HR technology related solutions including selection, negotiation, contracting and operational delivery
- Establish approach and consistency within the team on process documentation, cross training and operational support structure
- Ensure strong partnership with other cross-functional partners and alignment on ownership
Team management and development:
- Encourage team growth through skill development, coaching and training, alignment in performance expectations and establishing a focus on networking
- Foster a culture that drives employee development and empower ownership/decision making mindset
- Manage departmental budgets and expenses within corporate guidelines
- Plans and prioritizes work/resources to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Management or Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- 10 years progressively responsible experience in HR technology and project management with five years of people management experience.
- Proven organizational and communication capabilities to effectively address all levels within the organization, inclusive of strong presentation skills
- Effective project manager with ability to develop an overall project plan/timeline with clear deliverables and manage a project team
- Advanced analytical, consulting and influencing skills, with a track record of identifying issues and formulating solutions
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects or workstreams in a fast-paced environment
- Workday and UKG implementation and optimization experience
- Payroll and time entry system management experience
- Data and business process modeling skills strongly preferred
- Digital transformation / process change management experience preferred
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $136,000.00 to $192,665.67 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Pay - Long Term Incentive, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.