Environmental Analyst III or IV
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
This position will have responsibility for supporting Public Service Company of Colorado’s air compliance program. This position will provide support in emissions monitoring programs, permitting, and compliance management. Key areas of responsibility include continuous emissions monitoring programs (including Parts 60 & 75), data acquisition and handling system support, air permitting (construction, Title V, NSR/PSD), air program regulatory development and implementation, air program compliance management, compliance testing program management, and regulatory interaction. This position requires experience with air-permitting.
Designs, implements, and administers broad environmental studies and compliance programs and is responsible for securing and renewing permits and licenses. Practices originality and ingenuity on relatively difficult and complex issues. Works under minimal supervision conferring primarily on unusual matters and has appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions and/or decisions. Occasionally participates on special work teams, and may act as a coordinator or technical consultant on small projects. May occasionally be assisted by Environmental Analyst I and II personnel. Possesses and applies broad knowledge of environmental theories, principles, techniques and related work disciplines and applies it along with related work experience in completing difficult job assignments.
**This position will be required to work from an assigned Xcel Energy location on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, with the option to work from home, on Mondays and Fridays.
- Designs and develops environmental procedures and programs designed to minimize deficiencies and ensure compliance with existing federal, state, and local regulations, licenses, and permits pertaining to environmental control at the corporation's facilities. (Major areas may include air, water quality, and land quality; liquid and solid waste disposal, above ground and underground storage tanks, radiation, emergency plans, DOT compliance with pipeline and transportation and FAA safety regulations.)
- Designs and administers studies and monitoring programs. Conducts research, and prepares and/or reviews data required to support permit applications, regulatory reports, management plans and performance indicators.
- Prepares technical reports and permit applications based on the interpretation of data, observations, and current regulations.
- Performs in-depth environmental reviews and inspections to facilitate compliance with applicable regulations. Conducts environmental assessment of sites and facilities to minimize corporate risk and liability.
- Provides technical guidance and formal regulatory required and requested environmental training and guidance to facility personnel and outside contractors to promote environmental compliance.
- As requested, reviews and comments on proposed new regulations and legislation as to its potential impact on each business unit. Once adopted, assist facilities in any modifications to procedures, processes or operation to come into compliance.
- Assists with budget preparation and works to implement programs within budget, time and regulatory constraints.
- Upon request, provides technical assistance to emergency incidents at facilities.
BS/BA in environmental science, engineering, applied science, or related fields and four years of professional environmental related work experience. (Note: An Associate college degree in areas of environmental or applied science and three years of progressive responsibilities in environmental related work experience may be substituted for the education portion of the requirement. The following additional advanced education in the field can be substituted for related work experience: MS/MA/MBA = 2 years; PhD/J.D. = 3 years.)
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $60,000.00 to $90,000.00 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.