Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
In addition to delivering an exceptional customer experience through the delivery, assembly, and demonstration of the Sleep Number Smart Bed ® and other Sleep Number products providing, the Field Services Lead Technician will serve as the local point of contact for all matters involving Fulfillment Quality, and inventory management. The Lead Technician will also share responsibility with the Supervisor for managing the local fleet, inclusive of DOT compliance, and preventative maintenance. As the subject matter expert on product and in home service, the Lead Technician must set a standard for efficiency, quality of work and customer engagement. The Lead Technician is responsible for the consistent onboarding and training of our newest team members and will be a main point of contact for assisting team members with challenges and questions.
- Meets the requirements of the Field Services Technician
- Primary trainer for all new Field Services team members. Trains current team members on changes to policy, procedures, and new products/services
- Responsible for market inventory management, analysis, reporting and validation inclusive of storage facilities, dock locations and product on truck
- Responsible for truck maintenance and works with leader to ensure all fleet is in optimal operating condition.
- Maintain open lines of communication for field team members for on-the-job questions and concerns, escalating to Field Services Supervisor. Provides consistent two-way communication to and from team members to inform of key messages, goals, changes to processes, and performance results.
- Develop and maintain cross functional relationship with key Retail and internal/external Supply Chain team members to ensure the on-time arrival, disposition, and inventory management of Sleep Number products.
- Conducts on route installation and service visits in customer’s homes delivering, relocating, assembling, and repairing products to specifics with an expectation to personify Sleep Number’s customer experience standards.
- Assists Supervisors in conducting Customer Experience Evaluations (CEE)
- Daily duties as assigned by the Field Services Supervisor and other job duties as related to business needs.
- HS Education or GED equivalent
- 2-3 years customer service experience
- 1 year Field Service Technician experience preferred.
- Must be 21 Years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license (commercial motor vehicle requirement of ability to drive commercial motor vehicle with gross weight of 15,001 pounds or more - CDL not required) and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check, DOT Physical, and drug screen, road test and maintain a clean motor vehicle record.
- Ability to provide training individualized to the specific needs of the team member
- Possess first-rate communication skills – for both internal and external customers.
- Ability to service customers and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to follow standard operating procedures.
- Possess the ability to follow safety procedures.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Must be able to work with common hardware and power tools.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude required.
- Knowledge in smartphone technology and basic understanding of wireless networks
- Bonus plan with monthly payout opportunity
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.