Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
In this role, you will create a culture of teamwork, engagement and accountability by planning, releasing and coordinating WMS workflow batches (“waves”) against outstanding volume for the order fulfillment department. You will assist management in developing daily work plans and scheduling work for associates, as well as communicating with other departments as needed, such as manufacturing and materials, in achieving daily production targets. You will also help implement changes to improve efficiency and reduce waste. WMS Planning Coordinator roles exist in Packing, Shipping, and Parts & Warranty.
- Manage production to ensure schedules and quality standards are met, and WMS system is optimized
- Review daily backlog/order pool and plan WMS waves based on priorities
- Build and release waves within Oracle R12 WMS according to daily schedules and instructions from management
- Research and resolve any issues that arise during waving, including inventory discrepancies, wrong ship method, invalid order type, etc.
- Monitor processing of previous waves to ensure production flow is maintained and bring any issues to management attention immediately in order to meet daily deadlines
- Communicate with Order Fulfillment Production Managers and associates to ensure work is processed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate and direct work of replenishment and inventory control associates as needed to maximize available inventory to reduce missed shipments.
- Communicate with order entry/customer service to resolve any issues with outstanding orders
- Handle special requests such as expedite requests, special handling instructions, and off-system shipping requests (UPS Worldship)
- Research and resolve issues with in-process orders, including order entry errors, and process errors
- Plan and coordinate inventory accuracy activities including cycle counts, bin checks, and researching and resolving inventory discrepancy and other inventory issues
- Create reports for leadership as requested
- Process standard daily reports such as backlog/order pool report, truck dispatch report, etc.
- Communicate with transportation, materials planning, manufacturing, and order fulfillment operations daily as needed to plan, coordinate, and resolve issues with daily workflow
- Work with team members in support of process improvements and cost reductions
- 2-3 years similar experience in a distribution/fulfillment or manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience in WMS systems required, proficiency in system is desired; experience with Oracle R12/WMS strongly preferred
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required, Bachelors degree preferred
- Formal Lean or Six Sigma training preferred
- Must have demonstrated process improvement and systematic process improvement skills
- Experience with fundamental manufacturing and operations principles and practices
- Problem solving and conflict resolution experience
- Effective organizing and planning skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to investigate and troubleshoot production problems
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.