Senior Director, Integrated Media
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
The Director of Integrated Media will lead the strategy, planning, execution, and performance of a holistic media approach, driving brand engagements, digital and store traffic, business outcomes. Candidate must be a creative thinker, innovator with high levels of curiosity, courage, and ability to build strong connections and collaborations across many internal and external business partners.
- Strategic Leadership
- Lead a customer-centric media strategy, building a sustainable full-funnel approach to help grow our pipeline and customer base
- Build strategic approach matching messaging to audience through audience/segmentation optimization
- Executional Excellence
- Leverage data driven research/analysis to drive strategic direction and optimize marketing programs
- Turn consumer insights into successful media approaches to find new, compelling ways to reach and communicate to the consumer
- Lead full-funnel customer journey to drive high quality traffic to website/store to support sales results
- Partner with retail, e-commerce and direct channels to align marketing campaigns against channel specific business objectives.
- Lead and closely aligned on experimentation to support measurement strategic approach
- Partner with internal analytic partners and agency to maintain and/or develop effective media planning approach and reporting
- Stay abreast of new media trends and the overall media environment
- Reporting, analytics, insights
- Strong acumen in understand and assessing business trends through multiple dashboards
- Proactively identifies/pursues next steps and creative ideation/adjustments
- Confidence to report findings and adjustments to organization
- Identify opportunities for applying new technologies and approaches to leverage industry advancements
- Ownership of media budget, allocations, forecasting, results and reporting
- Budget Management
- Leads company media investment
- Collaborates with media mix, agency and analytics team for optimized media investment
- Accountability to consistently deliver plans and results
- Manages project work (may act as a project supervisor)
- Leads partner relationships and workflow at an operational level
- Provides mentorship and coaching to team
- Positively contributes to culture by supporting and engaging with team, 5-10 FTE’s
- Comfortable working with multiple business partners
- Collaborative leader working in highly integrated team environment
- Roll-up sleeve mentality
- Growth/learning: Participates in industry/media community, proactively building experience and network; contributes to training and other forums for sharing/teaching
- Exceptional relationship building and people management skills as well as ability to prioritize, multitask, focus, lead, influence and delegate while working in fast-paced and demanding situations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications, MBA a plus
- 10+ years of progressive media experiencer required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Problem solving skills: ability to identify challenges, evaluate potential solutions for risk/pitfalls, and independently follow-through on implementing process/actions to resolve
- Holistic media experience to fully optimize media mix driving business outcomes
- Experience working across all media platforms
- Proven expertise for building an in-house digital buying team
- Agency management experience with partnership mindset
- Collaborative work ethic and team first perspective
- Advanced project management skill, managing upward and to team
- Working knowledge of creative content development
- Self-organizes, prioritizes work, meets deadlines and works independently
- Maintains flexibility and handles multiple projects/requests with a controlled sense of urgency. Remains calm under pressure
- Keen attention to detail – awareness of how your work product impacts others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong power point skills and ability to tell a story through medium
Working Conditions (if applicable):
- Corporate work environment
- Travel Required- A few times per quarter
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.