District Manager - Washington & Alaska
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
The District Manager role will lead a team to deliver sales, profit, and market share growth while ensuring excellent Customer Service levels. The District Manager is responsible for providing leadership guidance to ensure the store is executing region/district priorities and aligning with company mission, vision and key initiatives. The District Manager will attract, train and develop high performing teams, create a culture of talent development and inclusion, and inspire superior performance. This leader will personally role model Sleep Number values and advance commitments on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Drive and maximize area sales performance for their stores, the district, the region, and the company, and achieve key performance indicators (KPIs), inspecting and reinforcing the results and how they are achieved via in store visits.
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate Store Managers who maximize sales and maintain high customer service within their store
- Create a culture with store team members of continuous evolution that leverages a growth mindset, while modeling Sleep Number’s Core Competencies, values and commitments to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Drive sales through digital leads, utilizing data, technology, and analytics to deliver superior results.
- Ability to build relationships with and utilize key support partners
- Directly responsible for the selection, onboarding, training, engagement, performance accountability and professional development of Area Manager, Sales Managers and Sales Professionals.
- 7-10 years retail experience in both non-commission or commission based environments
- 2-3+ years experience in multi-unit management
Other specialized skills, abilities, working conditions (Computer, interpersonal, analytical, willingness to travel, lifting, etc.)
- Must be comfortable with technology and agile in learning new systems
- Proven managerial, leadership and problem-solving skills in single store, or within a multi-unit sales organization preferred
- Experience recruiting and interviewing quality sales candidates (and managers)
- Proven ability to assess performance and improve through in-person coaching
- Superior verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to motivate and maintain high morale with employees
- Ability to manage multiple projects and remain calm under pressure
- Must have strong selling skills
- Ability to work inconsistent hours dictated by business needs (evenings, weekends, holidays)
- Frequent travel required (daily within area and market, 2-3 times per year to national meetings, or as needed)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to relocate within Region and Company preferred
- High School diploma or GED required
- BA/BS Preferred
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.