New Product Development Process Intern
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
At Sleep Number we are improving lives every day by helping people sleep better every night. Learn more about a company that’s championing a health and wellness revolution with quality sleep at its core. Join our Supply Chain Team for a 12 week internship experience responsible for assisting supply chain team in meeting both departmental and corporate objectives.
This role will have the opportunity to become an instrumental part of the daily supply chain activities including new product development process documentation, reporting, analytics, and benchmarking. In addition, this role will own the deployment and adoption of New Product Development Processes and tool sets.
- Learn Sleep Number’s New Development Process from the perspective of multiple teams
- Work with cross functional teams to develop and drive process maturity and improvement
- Generate New Product Development KPIs and dashboards – analyze performance for potential improvement programs
- Maintain New Product Development reporting and tools
- Assist teams through project management principles in New Product Development Projects
- Communicate weekly / monthly Scorecards to key partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree from an accredited college/university majoring in Supply Chain Management, Product Design/Development, Business Administration or similar.
- At least 2 years of completed coursework by May 2022
- Experience with product development or project management is a plus
- Self-starter/action oriented
- Process-centric problem solver
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strives to meet the requirements of internal/external customers
- Works well with various teams across the organization
- Demonstrate capability to work with some ambiguity
- Ability to balance high-quality standards with schedule pressures and the ability to work both independently and within a team
- High level of integrity, professionalism and reliability
- Strong analytical, structured problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High interest in technical writing
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand the big picture as well as pay attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project)
- Working knowledge of PowerBI and other reporting/visualization tools
- Knowledge of SharePoint site and page design required
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) a plus
Additional Program Details
- Competitive compensation
- Full intern summer events program highlighting our field, stores, and corporate experiences.
- Campus Ambassador opportunities
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.