Vice President, Enterprise Data Platform, Analytics & AI
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
The Vice President, Enterprise Data Platform & Analytics primary responsibility is to lead and oversee the development, implementation, and management of the enterprise-wide data platform and analytics strategy. This role will be responsible for leveraging data to drive business insights, optimize operational efficiencies, and support decision-making processes within the organization.
The leader will use in-depth industry knowledge to identify opportunities to expand the data analytic platforms on behalf of the enterprise and will manage these concepts through all project phases to fruition. This role will work closely with leaders throughout the organization including Sleep Innovation, Customer Experience, Digital Services, Supply Chain, Corporate Capabilities, IT and Retail to align solutions with the data and analytical requirements to drive an increasingly data-driven organization.
- Vision and strategy
- Champion, evangelize and drive the data vision for the organization driving technical delivery in an incremental fashion.
- Create and Own enterprise-wide strategies, processes, and standards for business intelligence, data discovery and reporting; communicate standards to drive consistency and integration of corporate efforts.
- Business relationship management
- Interact with and influence decision making of cross-functional executive leadership.
- Work with key users and peer teams to develop and define key business questions; assist business users in using analytic platforms
- Promote usage and acceptance of the analytic tools and platforms within the user community; expand and improve the training and education of the user community
- Lead multiple initiatives for analytic platforms including Architecture, Security, Design and Delivery for operational reporting, ad-hoc analytics and predictive analytics
- Drive Operational rigor, apply best practices, and processes through rapid organizational growth
- Data Governance
- Establish and maintain data governance policies, standards, and procedures. Ensure compliance with data privacy and security regulations. Define data quality standards and oversee data cleansing and enrichment processes.
- Data Architecture
- Design and implement a scalable and robust data architecture that supports data integration, storage, and retrieval across various sources and systems. Evaluate and recommend appropriate technologies and tools for data management and analytics.
- Vendor Management
- Evaluate, select, and manage relationships with third-party vendors and service providers offering data platform and analytics solutions. Negotiate contracts, oversee implementation, and ensure service level agreements are met.
- Continuous Improvement
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data management, analytics, and artificial intelligence. Drive innovation and continuous improvement initiatives within the data platform and analytics function.
- Team leadership
- Build an analytics platform team to improve technical, functional and soft skills. Gets results through multiple levels of leadership within IT and cross functionally
- Lead and inspire a high performing team to be customer focused, innovative, fast-moving and results oriented
- Ensure the continued success of production systems by providing ongoing application support, issue investigation and resolution
- Lead the continued upgrading of platforms for increased capability and stability
- Owner of budget for function
Key Performance Indicators
- Production environment stability and security
- Delivers projects, activities, and tasks on-time and within or under budget.
- High team performance and continued growth
- User community engagement / Customer and business partner evaluation
- Experience leading Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and “Big Data” solutions (15+ years)
- Oracle BI (OBIEE) Experience is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud platform is critical .
- Full lifecycle experience with several of the following: Informatica, Hadoop, Big Data, Cognos, OBIEE, OBIA, Power BI
- Extensive experience with Data Strategy, Science, Governance, and Management.
- Strong project management experience leading work at an Enterprise level
- Retail industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
Other specialized skills, abilities, working conditions
- Requires strong oral and written communication; strong facilitator and meeting management skills.
- Must be a creative problem solver, flexible, proactive, and work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Highly organized and able to work independently; Ability to prioritize work for self and others to meet deadlines.
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.