Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
Sleep Number Field Services Technicians deliver an exceptional customer experience in every interaction with our customers. Our Technicians bring the Sleep Number Smart Bed ® experience to life in the home for our customers. These team members focus on the customer interaction and experience while providing delivery, setup and education of our products. In addition to delivery, assembly and demonstration of our products, our Field Services Technicians will visit existing customers to provide warranty services and conduct trouble shooting. We take pride in our products and are passionate about how they improve our customers’ lives.
- Conducts installation and service visits for customers; delivering, relocating, assembling, and repairing products to specifications with an expectation to personify Sleep Number’s customer experience standards.
- Presents and educates on Sleep Number products and services in a manner that bolsters confidence in the customer’s purchase.
- Provides outstanding in-home customer experience. As the last customer point of contact you will build and solidify the customer's life-long relationship with Sleep Number.
- Operates a company vehicle, meeting all safety and DOT standards.
- Performs daily tasks including processing returns, loading/unloading product, customer calls and ensuring that all daily schedules and work assignments are properly completed.
- Ensures that all work is conducted in an efficient, quality, and professional manner.
- Communicates efficiently through verbal, written and electronic communication methods with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Advocates and models Sleep Number’s mission, vision and values.
- Align with all safety rules, regulations, and training.
- Performs other job-related duties as required by business needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Previous furniture/appliance delivery or technology installation experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license (commercial motor vehicle requirement, ability to drive commercial motor vehicle with gross weight of 15,001 pounds or more - CDL not required) and maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a criminal record check, DOT Physical, and drug screen.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 200 lbs. with help of a lifting partner.
- Knowledge in smartphone technology and knowledge or ability to learn how home networks and connected devices work in a customer's home.
- Comfortable working autonomously with direct leadership often remote, using email for the bulk of the communication to peers and supervisors.
- Active listening skills and strong interpersonal communication skills, capability to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend, evening and holiday hour.
- Able to work in an environment conducive to changes in temperatures, both indoor and outdoor.
- Bonus plan with monthly payout opportunity of $400
- Hourly pay rate: $20.75
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.