The Advanced Marketing Solutions (AMS) team aims to build a unified suite of capabilities to enable the future of marketing for the enterprise. This role will support our mission by streamlining planning and process across AMS capabilities and growing the adoption of solutions across our global business.
As a Sr. Planner, you will support our central organization’s mission to “Be the Best Partner” to our stakeholders across the enterprise. You will help connect our global business partners (North America Retail, Pet, North America Foodservice, & International) with AMS capabilities (Media, Content, Performance Marketing, Brand Websites, etc) by capturing and tracking clear, actionable shared goals to create accountability and maximize value.
This is a highly cross-functional and visible role where you will have the opportunity to partner across the Advanced Marketing Solutions and global segment teams.
While Minneapolis is the preferred location for this role, remote applicants will be considered.
- Orchestrate planning and process between AMS, business partners & key enabling functions such as Digital & Technology. Including:
- Annual planning
- Quarterly Business Reviews
- Regular & ad-hoc cross-functional connections to facilitate collaborative problem solving.
- Regularly communicate progress to Annual & Quarterly Plans across stakeholders. Escalate and problem solve risks and roadblocks to ensure we successfully deliver against our goals
- Create accountability across teams through value tracking.
- Actively listen to business needs and coordinate across teams to translate into simple, actionable plans
- Track and grow adoption and maturity of AMS solutions across the organization
- Own planning process documentation. Continuously improve processes, ways of working and streamline collaboration across team & partners
- Establish and share best practices and training to help teams utilize capabilities to their fullest potential
- Support the roll out of new tools to maximize impact and engagement
- Break down siloes – connect the dots across global businesses needs and capability teams to identify opportunities to streamline and scale.
- Help champion a “people first” culture
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience or interest in Project Management or Agile Practice
- Digital background and/or curiosity — Experience or interest in working with digital brand capabilities such Content, Media, Web, email, etc.
- Ability to influence and build relationships across and up-and-down a matrixed organization
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to clearly communicate with wide range of audiences
- Learning agility — Ability to work in ambiguity to define and build new strategies, tools, and processes
- Able to balance short- and long-term priorities
The salary range for this position is $67300.00 - $112400.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.