Great things are happening in the Europe and Australia (EUAU) region. Each day, our 2,500 plus colleagues bring their passion to our offices, manufacturing sites, R&D center, and commercial/distributor markets across Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. We are energized by over 150 years of bringing people together with the food they love. With beloved brands Old El Paso, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Jus-Rol, Fibre One, Latina Fresh and more, we are on a mission to become the undisputed growth leader in food for EUAU. In a world that’s ever-changing, we look to stay ahead and seek people who share our love of food and are hungry to shape the future.
What your role is
Our snacking vision is to become the undisputed category growth leader fueled by a portfolio of brands that meet more snacking occasions. The incumbent will be responsible for leading global cross functional teams, with a consumer first mindset to deliver superior and sustainable growth through our brands. The position is part of the International Brand Development Team (BDT), part of the Marketing team, reporting to the Brand Development Director, Snacks.
- Lead Nature Valley and Fibre One brand strategies (brand positioning, strategy and growth opportunities via consumer problems and demand spaces).
- Partner on the category growth strategy with the BDT Category lead and prioritise growth drivers for our brands.
- Consolidate and recommend total portfolio strategy, leading Core Growth Strategy (Renovation, HMM, CSR, PPA, Geo Expansion, Mix management) and long-term Innovation Strategy (12Q Funnel).
- Own PMR development, pipeline sufficiency and resource prioritisation recommendations.
- Own new brand and category adjacency projects to capture category white space growth opportunities.
- Build connections with key markets to gain understanding and enable ideas that are actionable and accelerate growth.
- Team leadership of the Brand Management team, building culture, skills and capability.
What you will bring to the team
- University degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- Background in FMCG marketing preferred.
- Proven experience leading teams, building brand strategies and delivering superior results.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence cross-functionally.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to manage stakeholder expectations virtually and across cultures clearly and energize teams by conveying vision.
- Clear understanding and ability to translate strategy into plans.
- Excellent project management skills, able to plan effectively, time management and the ability to delegate appropriately.
- Commercially savvy with a good understanding of drivers of profitability.
- Passionate about people: able to quickly build relationships & trust with cross functional team members & key stakeholders.
- Bias for action: Strong initiative, growth mindset and ability to drive projects to completion.
- Resourceful & creative: Able to think laterally around problems to create solutions.
- Collaborative approach in work, feeling comfortable working with a variety of teams.
What you get from us
- Flexible and employee-focused work culture
- Equal Employment opportunities
- Competitive package with benefits
At General Mills, we are committed to recruiting, retaining, developing and advancing an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the consumers and communities we serve globally. Join us the General Mills team today - Hungry to Shape the Future.