India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
The Legal and Corporate Affairs Analyst is an integral member of the Employee Relations (ER) and Ethics & Compliance (E&C) teams at General Mills, working collaboratively with ER and E&C members and other functional partners (such as HR, Global Security, Global Internal Audit and Sourcing) on core Employee Relations and compliance activities. This role will champion standard operations, tools, and processes to support ER case work, data analytics (including governance, reporting and visualization), online training administration, and anti-corruption 3rd party due diligence screenings.
Strong communication, project management and change management/influence skills are key to advance ER and E&C initiatives, leveraging standard process.
Provide configuration and reporting expertise across Ethics & Compliance and Employee Relations technology platforms
• Build expertise in technology tools and coordinating with users to identify and implement enhancements, consistent data entry standards, and ensure appropriate data governance.
• Participate in data strategy meetings and provide recommendations based on technology tool expertise.
• Provide project support in technology enhancements (i.e., roll out of HR Accuity, updates to EthicsPoint, Securimate).
• Build and/or maintain dashboards (e.g. tableau, HR Acuity) to include case volume and type, trends over time, case outcomes, training completion data, scores and feedback, Ethical Culture survey scores, Ethics Line allegations and questions, 3rd Party Anti-Corruption Screening, and others.
• Support data analytics (reporting and basic descriptive analytics) by designing and creating reports from various technology tools, including HR Acuity, EthicsPoint, Securimate, Tableau, etc.) for ER and E&C clients, Leadership Teams and other stakeholders.
• Help determine optimal configuration of technology tools.
Support Employee Relations Specialists core work, maintain associated knowledge base, and support case management standards
Learn and understand our approach to non-compete work, restructures, and investigations to apply critical thinking to tasks assigned by ER Specialists, including some fact / data gathering and initial assessment, and occasional notetaking assistance in investigation interviews.
Maintain ER’s knowledge base relating to above core work. Partner with ER specialists to create and/or update knowledge articles in Service Now.
Create and update ER’s case management standards and standard operating procedures, document workflows, and ensure consistency in application through occasional audits.
Support Senior E&C Specialist in administrative work for the 3rd party anti-corruption screening program
• Learn and understand our anti-corruption screening program to apply critical thinking to the tasks assigned by the Senior E&C Specialist
• Provide resolution and response to daily requests/questions from India Central Master Data (CMD) team
• Review and analyze third-party background investigation reports and elevate any red flags to Senior E&C Specialist
• Maintain accurate vendor details in the Securimate platform to reflect a change in status, sanctions screenings, DDQ re-screenings, etc. to adhere to governance standards
• Provide reporting support to identify vendors who qualify for rescreening and coordinate with markets to review the vendor lists to confirm they are still active
Lead compliance training administration for Legal and Corporate Affairs
• Set up courses in GoLearn and test to make sure they function properly
• Understand business rules for assigning compliance training and complete required paperwork for GoLearn training administration.
• Work with the GoLearn team to ensure the course and assignments are set up correctly
• Utilize Tableau dashboards to identify employees with overdue training and support Senior Manager, Ethics & Compliance in providing overdue training reports to director level employees
Education and Experience
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors or equivalent experience
Preferred Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Minimum years of related experience required: 4 – 5 years
Preferred years of related experience: 4 – 5 years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
• Proven analytical and strategic skills, including data visualization
• Practical and creative problem analysis and resolution skills.
• Can prioritize and complete multiple tasks on tight deadlines
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools – especially Excel
• Ability to learn and work with various databases and platforms including Workday, ServiceNow, HR Acuity, Tableau, Securimate, and others.
• Flexibility of style as a member of multi-disciplinary team
• Ability to work effectively in a global environment, and sensitivity to and an understanding of cultural differences around the globe
• Seeks, acquires and promptly applies new knowledge and skills, including interpersonal skills, technology enhancements, business-related information and best practices for supported teams
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
• High level of personal and professional integrity; strong reputation as a trustworthy individual who maintains confidentiality.
• Highly motivated self-starter with strong organization and prioritization skills
• Assertive, self-confident, and willing to offer opinions and insights
• Strong interpersonal skills with employees at all levels
• Initiative and ability to work independently and/or to effectively work with a team
• Ability to influence, develop, and motivate peers
• Ability to identify and implement process improvement and productivity opportunities
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.