India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
This position is responsible to make prompt and accurate processing of Customer Invoices and to manage Customer Aged trail balance as per the agreed SLA’s/ Goals. Build relationships with the stakeholders to ensure smooth day to day functioning. Adherence to all audit control requirements and SOX requirements.
90% of Time Operational Management
1. Processing the customer’s promotional invoices
2. Reconcile invoices received from General Mills’ Customers to the corresponding plans and update the information to reflect actual performance to either issue a check to a customer or clear a deduction on the account’s trial balance.
3. Maintain an accurate and current accounts receivable trail balance in SAP
4. Pivotal role in AR identification, reason code segregation and deduction/ payment clearing.
5. Develop and maintain Trade profiles and document customer-specific behavior that requires non-standard handling.
6. Gain an in-depth knowledge of Customer details as well as comprehensive understanding of GMI Products/ groups.
7. Develop expertise in utilizing customer specific websites for sourcing customer support/documentation.
8. Resolve issues relating to customer invoices, deductions and payment.
9. Build relationships with the stakeholders to ensure smooth day to day functioning.
10. Adherence to all audit control requirements and SOX requirements.-
10% of Time Continuous Improvement
1. Participation in driving Continuous improvement within Process
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Major Area of Study: Finance & Accounts/ BMS/BBS
Minimum years of related experience required: 2+ Years
Preferred years of related experience: 2-3 years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
- Basic understanding of finance and accounting with more focus on Accounts Receivable Management.
- SAP Knowledge, MS Office etc.
- Strong customer relations, articulation & communication skills
- Can prioritize and complete multiple tasks on tight deadlines
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
- Courage to question without hesitation, recommend and influence.
- Participate and support enhance efficiency and effectiveness for the team and stakeholders
- Yearn to lead process changes through expertise and knowledge
- Ability to independently solve self-problems
- Commitment to superior customer service