India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
This position is responsible to make prompt and accurate processing of Customer Invoices and to manage Customer Aged trail balance as per the agreed SLA’s/ Goals. Build relationships with the stakeholders to ensure smooth day to day functioning. Adherence to all audit control requirements and SOX requirements.
85% of Time Operational Management
o Processing the customer’s promotional invoices
o Reconcile invoices received from General Mills’ Customers to the corresponding plans and update the information to reflect actual performance to either issue a check to a customer or clear a deduction on the account’s trial balance.
o Maintain an accurate and current accounts receivable trail balance in SAP
o Develop and maintain Trade profiles and document customer-specific behavior that requires non-standard handling.
o Gain an in-depth knowledge of Customer details as well as comprehensive understanding of GMI Products/ groups.
o Develop expertise in utilizing customer specific websites for sourcing customer support/documentation.
o Focus on continuous improvement to the Trade Payment Process and identifying opportunities for efficiencies.
o Provide assistance in resolving issues relating to customer invoices, deductions and payment.
o Develop an expertise outside primarily owned customers
o Build relationships with the stakeholders to ensure smooth day to day functioning.
o Adherence to all audit control requirements and SOX requirements
o Publishing regular reports related to operations and business.
o Onboarding team members in knowledge management
15% of Time Continuous Improvement
1. Drive Continuous improvement within process and deliver savings
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Major Area of Study: Finance & Accounts/ BMS/BBS
Minimum years of related experience required: 3+ Years
Preferred years of related experience: 3-4 years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
- Basic understanding of finance and accounting with more focus on Accounts Receivable Management.
- SAP Knowledge, MS Office etc.
- Strong customer relations, articulation & communication skills
- Can prioritize and complete multiple tasks on tight deadlines
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
- Courage to question without hesitation, recommend and influence
- Lead process efficiencies through expertise and knowledge, benefitting the team or the process.
- Yearn to gain process expertise and be an SME for the process
- Ability to manage, guide and re-solve queries for others
- Commitment to Service Excellence and delivering Outstanding Results
- Ability to identify gaps, trends, exceptions and synergies in the process, drive process improvements with HMM.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.